Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Dancers

We went to a Museum and watched some traditional dancing. They were all incredible.

Here is Lindsay: On our way to the museum, we had our first experience with Rwandan fast food. We stopped by a roadside stand that sold roasted goat kebabs and maize (corn that is much tougher than our much loved sweet corn in the States). We also picked up drinkable yogurt, pink or white, and passionfruit juice. We then proceeded to eat all this in the car, smashed side by side, 4 in the back seat, a corn cob in one hand and a beef kebab in the other. The goat was delicious and the corn definitely gave my jaw a workout.
The dancing was incredibly expressive, as you will see, but my favorite part of the presentation was when the native dancers grabbed a few of the YCEW kids and were trying to teach them how to dance Rwandan style. Much said, I was definitely smiling, and grateful that it wasn't me they grabbed to try my hand at Rwandan dancing. :) Hope all is well in the States. We love you and miss you.



This Picture is of some Kids up North... We all found it funny that the kids is getting an elbow in the eye.

3 comments:

Bevy said...

Hello Nick and Lindsay - thanks for the great posts especially with the pictures. It sounds like you are having a great time. We have been praying for all of you.

Aunt Devonne, Uncle Kenny, Audra, Kevin, Tim, Amy, Isabelle, Melissa, dad and I are at the Anchorage this week. We are having a fun time but wishing you were here with us. Paula joined us yesterday and stayed the night. Tell Jessy hello for all of us.

We will talk to you later - oh, Aunt Devonne said to Skype us while we are all here. Love you two - Mom

Barb said...

The dancers are absolutely beautiful! Africans have a beauty I can't put my finger on. Maybe it comes from having relationships with special people there when I was a little girl. Each time I read the blog it makes me wish more and more I was there... someday.
It must be exhausting at times to be in the heat, surrounded by a different culture and all that entails, and always being soooo crowded! I continue to pray for you all and look forward to seeing you and hearing more about your adventures at YM! Do you have a video you can show of the dancing lessons?? :) Blessings, Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss all of you! Thank you for sharing light in Africa. I pray all of you are inspired to live a colorful life for Christ! I'll see you at the airport on Sunday.

You are loved!
Rachelle